6 4 6 – Six Four Six – 6 for 6 – OMG 6 4 6 – 6 x 6.30 – 6 x 6
“Six weeks for year Six to prepare for their first athletics season”
High Jump, Long Jump, Shot & Discus, Hurdles, Sprints & 800m
Thursday sessions: 6.30pm
Sunday sessions 10am
As part of St Albans Athletic club’s efforts to get all our year 6 athletes ready to compete in their first EYAL (Eastern Young Athletics League) we are having a 6 week plan to let everyone try an event under semi competition conditions where they will be able to record a time, distance, height which we will let them keep and try and improve on during the season. Each week they will do a different event which may vary depending on the weather. Equally it is a time we need parents to show an interest to help put on the races, jumps, rake the pit and encourage their children on the various evenings.
What is EYAL? The EYAL is for boys and girls in the under 13, under 15 and under 17 age groups. With around 25 clubs taking part in 5 fixtures a year in a ’round robin’ league there are finals for the top six and a plate final. Events from sprints to pole vault are covered. We will send details of the competition rules and useful tips email before first EYAL. At every EYAL athletes can do both scoring and non-scoring to keep them busy during the day. Please put the following local fixtures in your diary so you and your child can come along to represent the club.
- 1st match: – Sunday 15th April (Stevenage Track, SG2 9PA)
- 2nd match: – Sunday 6th May (Westminster Lodge, St Albans)
- 3rd match: – Sunday 3rd June (Basildon, SS14 3GR)
- 4th match: – Sunday 8th July (Braintree, CM7 1FF)
- 5th match: – Sunday 5th August (Westminster Lodge, St Albans)
More information can be found on the Track and Field Fixture page on the website. Please also join the CLOSED Facebook group St. Albans AC Track & Field where we will be posting information about the 6-4-6 sessions and fixtures.
First Night Thursday 15th March 2018
- 6.20-6.25pm – Please be EARLY to book children in at reception
- 6.30pm – Parents chat on track or at reception depending on weather
- 6.40pm – Parents and year 6 athletes start their first event
We will repeat this each week for 6 weeks. See Website, Facebook and email for details to follow.
Any questions, please speak to Peter or any of the other coaches at the training sessions.