The cross country season is fast approaching with the first Chiltern League event on October 12th. The Cross Country season fixture list can be found on our Cross Country and Middle Distance Fixtures Page.
Please look through the list to see which events you might like to do and enter on your calendar!
The 5 Chiltern League matches this season are:
- October 12th 2019. Oxford Horspath – Shotover Hill
- November 9th 2019. Milton Keynes Teardrop Lakes (includes Cross Challenge match)
- December 7th 2019. Luton Stopsley Common (note this clashes with Inter Counties)
- January 11th 2020. Bedford Keysoe Equestrian Centre
- February 8th 2020. Milton Keynes Campbell Park (note timetable will be different)
We are required to pre-register all potential runners on the Chiltern League database – so could members who would like to run at any of the five Chiltern League fixtures please visit our REGISTRATION FORM.
Please note as previously, we expect every athlete or a parent to volunteer for at least one slot for marshalling, registration or tent delivery during the season. Please view the volunteer slots on the VOLUNTEERS PAGE and email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred slot.
For those new to the club, the Chiltern League is a series of 5 cross country matches across the region on a Saturday open to all members from school year 5 & up (age 9 to 99). There is a mix of all abilities and you can choose to race in all five or just attend those you can make.
Everybody who completes the run scores valuable points for the club. Entry for members is free as its covered in your annual St Albans AC membership. Any non-members are permitted to run for a small charge – and need to register at the Race HQ on the day.
We don’t provide transport to and from the matches but if you talk to other members you may be able to arrange lift shares. For younger members we try to have coaches present to do a course reccie and warm up.
If you or your children are new to cross country or the club, there is a First Timers Guide and Race Instructions on our FIXTURES page which we suggest runners and carers both read a few days beforehand.
All runners aged 11 and above need to wear a Club Vest – these can be ordered on the KIT page.
The following table shows the timings for the first 4 matches and typical distances (please arrive at the venue 1 hour before your race):
- 11.30 – Under 11 Girls (2000m)
- 11.45 – Under 11 Boys (2000m)
- 12.00 – Under 13 Girls (2500 – 3000m)
- 12.15 – Under 13 Boys (2500 – 3000m)
- 12.30 – Under 15 Girls (4000 – 4500m)
- 12.45 – Under 15 Boys (4000 – 4500m)
- 13.00 – Under 20 & U17 Ladies (4500 – 5000m)
- 13.15 – Senior Ladies (5500 – 6000m)
- 13.40 – Under 17 men (5500 – 6000m)
- 14.00 – Senior Men (8000 – 10000m)
For more fixture details please refer to our website nearer the event. Please remember we do require all runners to be at the club tent a minimum of 45 minutes before your race and advise you to aim to be at the venue one hour beforehand.
Any questions please email Fiona or Deborah.