Saturday 9th November 2019 Chiltern League Race 2
Teardrop Lakes, Milton Keynes MK5 8PA
Have you registered with us to run in this season Chiltern league? If you haven’t already registered please go to: https://www.stalbansac.co.uk/form-chiltern-league/
The Teardrop Lakes fixture is also incorporating the “British Cross Challenge” Race 2, which is a prestigious event attracting top cross-country runners from around the Country. Any members who are running in the Cross Challenge please let me know beforehand so I can make sure you also score within the Chiltern League. There is also a match between RAF and Oxford University within the senior races.
This is a flat grassland course with a couple of short but steep hills. The venue is being used for the sixth time and primarily selected because of available parking at the nearby National Bowl.
It is essential that all athletes use this parking facility which is a 10 minute walk from the course and does not involve the crossing of any roads. Use postcode MK5 8PA and then follow the event signs to park opposite on H7 Chaffron Way or drive past Premier Inn – Furzton Lake which is 200 yards from the car park entrance. Don’t use the postcode for The National Bowl & don’t use the Car Auctions Parking.
We would prefer to take a club tent – as this makes it easier to keep bags dry, giving members a base – so we would appreciate if parents of younger runners would take the tent (stored at the track) and Striders bring it back. We also have a volunteer rota for registration. Click here to view the rota and email We ask that every parent / carer of anybody running in the Chiltern league covers at least one of these tent or registration slots during the 5 matches.
Please remember to arrive at the St Albans table one hour before your run time, allowing time for parking and walking into the Park – see timetable below which is unique for this Match! The Course Maps: http://www.chilternccl.co.uk/19cl2maps.pdf
- If you have medication such as an inhaler that may be required please run with it – in a belt or arm pocket etc. There will be a marquee available for changing in case of bad weather, and portable toilets near the start/finish areas. A burger type van will be available for food and drink.
- Any member should run in a current Club Vest. U20 Men and any Senior Men & Women please wear a Striders Vest.
- If this is your first time doing a Chiltern League race or you are quite new to XC please read our Race Instructions & First Timers Guide on the website ideally a couple of days beforehand.
- All athletes under 20 are required to hand their number back after the race. If you do happen to go home with your number please don’t let the dog eat it or put it in the washing machine -please keep it safe and bring it to the next match. You will be charged for lost / damaged numbers. If you have lost your number then please arrive at the next match extra early and bring cash.
- Any other family members or friends who wish to take part in a Chiltern League race are very welcome. If they are a member of another affiliated running club, please complete our registration form and they will run as a non-scoring guest and we will give them a number. If they are not a member of an affiliated running club, then they will need to go to the Race Office upon arrival (suggest 90mins before race), pay £3 and be given a number there. These guests / casual runners may wear whatever running vest or T shirt they feel comfortable in.
- Results will be available by noon on Sunday at http://www.chilternccl.co.uk/results.htm