Eastern Young Athletes’ League (EYAL) 2019
The EYAL is an athletics league for boys and girls in Year 6 – Year 11. Twenty five clubs take part in five fixtures a year between April and August, with finals for the top six and a plate final, this is a great opportunity for athletes to compete in a friendly league while representing the club! There is no cost to take part and athletes are able to compete in multiple events and earn points for the team. We also require parents to volunteer at least once during the EYAL season (you can specify your preference on the form).
The events are 100m, 200m, 300m/400m (not U13s), 800m, 1500m, Hurdles, Long-jump, High-jump, Triple-jump (U17s only), Pole-vault (not U13s), Shot, Discus, Javelin, Hammer (not U13s), 4x100m relays. Athletes are able to compete in a maximum of three individual events, plus the possibility of taking part in a relay. U13s and U15s are only allowed to enter one race greater than 600m in any one day. U13 athletes are not allowed to run 300m or 400m events at all. U15 Girls and U17 Women race over 300m instead of 400m.
- MATCH 1 – Sunday 14th April (Peterborough) – transport provided
- MATCH 2 – Saturday 4th May (St Albans)
- MATCH 3 – Sunday 2nd June (Cambridge) – transport provided
- MATCH 4 – Sunday 7th July (Ware)
- MATCH 5 – Sunday 11th August (St Albans)
TRANSPORT: Athletes are expected to travel on the team coach for matches 1 and 3 and to take part in multiple events. The cost is £5 (please bring the correct money with you on the day). Officials and parent helpers are welcome to travel on the coach FREE OF CHARGE. Departure time will be around 9am (exact time to be confirmed) from the Westminster Lodge car park (by the track). For local events where transport is not provided, please arrive one hour before your first event to register at the designated team area.
WHO CAN COMPETE: Any St Albans AC paid club member between Year 6 and Year 11 (inclusive) and regardless of level of ability. This match does include non-scoring athletes (as well as scoring), so EVERYONE (Club members Y6 to Y11) is invited to take part – we would like everyone to participate in more than one event if possible. Athletes can compete in up to 3 events each plus relay (team selected). You can check the times on the timetable. Please note, the number of non-scoring athletes for field events is limited to 2 per club; we will contact athletes if these spaces are filled.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
- Make sure you have paid your membership fees to St Albans Athletic Club. If not, click here to register/renew.
- Click here to look up your EAN (England Athletics Number). You will only have an EAN if you are a fully paid up member of St Albans Athletic Club. New members need to allow 4 working days for your EAN. Contact email@example.com if you don’t have one.
- Make sure you have a club vest (this must be worn on the day). If not, click here to order.
- Complete the form below (one form for all 5 matches)
TEAM MANAGERS: Lara York 07970544830, Phil Yaxley 07956390713
Note: if the form does not appear below, please go directly to the website to complete the form.
All data collected will ONLY be used for the EYAL match and will be deleted after the match.