Eastern Young Athletes’ League (EYAL) 2023 – Match 4
The EYAL is an athletics league for boys and girls in Year 6 – Year 11. This year we will be competing against local clubs with 5 fixtures during April – August.
EYAL is a great opportunity for athletes to compete in a friendly league while representing the club. There is no cost to take part and athletes are able to compete in multiple events and earn points for the team. We require parents to volunteer at least once during the EYAL season; please specify your preference on the form.
WHO CAN COMPETE
Any St Albans AC paid club member between Year 6 and Year 11 (inclusive) can compete. The team managers will select the teams using recorded times and advice from our coaches.
Athletes are then allocated a number on the day:
- Q – A string SCORING athlete
- QQ – B string SCORING athlete
- Number – non-scoring athlete(s) who also acts as a reserve for Q or QQ
Please remember to record any times via the TRACK & FIELD RESULTS FORM.
Athletes can compete in up to 3 events each plus relay (team selected). You can check the times on the TIMETABLE.
The events are 100m, 200m, 300m/400m (not U13s), 800m, 1500m, Hurdles, Long-jump, High-jump, Triple-jump (U17s only), Pole-vault (not U13s), Shot, Discus, Javelin, Hammer (not U13s), 4x100m relays. Athletes are able to compete in a maximum of three individual events, plus the possibility of taking part in a relay.
NOTE: U13s and U15s are only allowed to enter one race greater than 600m in any one day. U13 athletes are not allowed to run 300m or 400m events at all. U15 Girls and U17 Women race over 300m instead of 400m.
This year athletes will be expected to arrange their own transport to these local events. Please carshare as much as possible.
WHAT TO DO NEXT...
- Make sure you have paid your membership fees to St Albans Athletic Club. If not, click here to register/renew.
- Click here to look up your EAN (England Athletics Number). You will only have an EAN if you are a fully paid up member of St Albans Athletic Club. New members need to allow 4 working days for your EAN. You will need your EAN when signing up. Contact if you don’t have one.
- Make sure you have a club vest (this must be worn on the day). To order club kit, please visit our Kit page.
- Complete the form below. Team managers will make team selections and contact athletes/parents. Please ensure you check your junk mail folders.
All data collected will ONLY be used for the EYAL match and will be deleted after the match.
Registration for EYAL – Match 4 has now closed. Registration for Match 5 will open soon.