JOIN & RENEW
St Albans Athletic Club welcomes all new members and, of course, is delighted that so many renew their membership every year. Joining or renewing with the Club is very easy through our online membership system – the link to sign up is at the bottom of this page.
Before completing the membership form there are a few things to let you know about the membership…
- The membership period runs from 1st April – 31st March
- Athletes have to be aged 8 or over to join the Club – but there is no upper age limit!
- There are now just 3 membership options and these are the same for new members and existing members who are renewing for another year…
- Individual membership – £65 per year
- Reduced-rate membership – £35 per year
- Young adults aged 18-25
- Students of any age in Higher Education
- Athletes aged 60 or over
- Athletes that are currently unemployed
- Second claim athletes
- Family membership – £160
- Suitable for family of 3 or more athletes.
- The Club takes a register of athletes training at each session and, for many reasons including insurance and safeguarding, only members are permitted to train and compete for the Club.
- If you wish attend a trial training sessions, please come along and speak to a coach. A trial session costs £2 per session (maximum 3 sessions). Trial sessions are not intended as an alternative to membership and we do not offer casual attendance to non-members.
- We may be able to offer reduced fees to families facing financial hardship. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence if you would like to ask about this.
- Athletes can only race in competitive events with a current/valid England Athletics number. Your registration with England Athletics is included in your subscription (except second claim and those under age 11). This is currently worth £15 and all relevant athletes will be registered by the Club. The first year you are registered, England Athletics will send you a registration card showing your individual number. Should you require your number before you receive your card (e.g. to enter a race), please contact our Membership Secretary at email@example.com. EA registration can take a few days so if you are racing it is essential that you join the Club at least a week before the race.
- It is important that the Club holds up-to-date contact details for you and your family. Please contact our Membership Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to check/change your contact details.
- By joining the Club you are agreeing to abide by our Codes of Conduct (listed on our About the Club page).
- Coaching and administration is provided by volunteers. We require every parent or adult athlete to volunteer for a role – details of roles can be found on our Volunteers page.