This year’s Junior Club Champs is due to be held on Sunday 15th September 2019 at St Albans.
This is for ALL St Albans AC’s paid up members from current year 4 to year 7.
9.15 AM meet for registration and warm up for a 10.00 AM prompt start (please click here for full timings and event details).
All parents are expected to stay and support & / or help. Please let me know what you can help with – 07812 930665 or email@example.com
Please tell me your name, child’s name and which year group they are in.
Split into 4 groups based on current school year groups (numbers to be given out during registration 9.15 – 9.45 AM). Warm up 9.45 -10.00 AM.
Both track and field events to have each year group split into girls and boys.
Field cards to be used (declarations complete prior to event by event coordinator or Year group Support volunteer)
Each event will be timed for 25 minutes.
I shall be drawing up a volunteer rota as soon as possible. No experience necessary. Roles include:
- Help with set up and close down
- Registration: 4 volunteers needed
- Year group support: Each year group needs an adult to accompany them and help out with running the events (raking, measuring, organising the athletes and keeping them focused). This is ideal for a parent who wants to accompany their child round the events.This role goes very quickly so please respond saying which yr group and whether girl or boy and who you are parent to. (8 volunteers needed)
- Long jump: Raking, measuring etc. (6 volunteers plus 2 coaches total for both pits)
- Javelin (3 volunteers plus one coach)
- Shot Putt (3 volunteers plus one coach)
- Track events need support organising at the start, setting up and changing hurdle heights and positions
- Timers also needed to support under the guidance of qualified official timers. (3 or 4 volunteers)
- First aider
- Photographer/s: Preferably 2 to circulate round and capture the morning’s achievements which will be shown on presentation evening
- Results: Steve Bowran has kindly offered to record the results. He will need a volunteer to help read the results to him. Ideal role for someone who is keen to know how this all works!
For those who have not participated before, this is a fun event that enables a perfect opportunity for the young athletes to have a recorded result for all the six events. They will be able to see how they progress from year to year. They will have a certificate presented with all their six results recorded and the medals given to first, second and third place for each year group boys and girls for overall performance in the 6 events. Presentation evening date to be confirmed.
Yours in Sport
St Albans Athletic Club