Many of you will know that we hold a Junior Club Championship every year in September. This year we are offering a Spring competition too, on Sunday 29th March, which will run in the same manner. Entry is free.
Junior Spring Inter Competition
Sunday 29th March 2020
9.15 AM Meet for a 10.00 AM Start
There will be one presentation evening for certificates and awards which will be held in the Autumn.
- 70m Hurdles
- Long Jump
The plan for the competition is…
- Athletes will be split into 4 groups based on current school year groups – Yr 3, Yr 4, Yr 5 and Yr 6
- Both track and field events to have each year group split into girls and boys
- Numbers to be given out during registration 9.15 – 9.45
- Each event will be timed for 25 minutes
- 5 minutes interval change over time in between each event
- Field cards to be used (declarations complete prior to event by event coordinator or Year group support volunteer)
- The plan is to have a result recorded for each athlete in each event. These results will be available at the end of the event for the athlete and parent to record to see how well they are progressing.
- Warm up 9.45 -10.00 AM
We will need parents to stay and help with registering and organising the athletes and measuring and timing events. Please click here to see the list of roles that are needed to help the event run smoothly. Please email email@example.com or text 07812 930665 to get your name down quickly for your preferred role.
Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible on Sunday 29th March.
Yours in sport
(Sunday Athletics Coach)